A game of competitive puzzle-design.
At its core, this is an abstract turn-based puzzle game in which you pick a
lock by co-ordinating a pair of tools to manipulate its mechanism. The locks
you pick are designed by other players; once you have figured out the secret
of how to pick a lock, you must secure that secret behind a lock of your own
Free software, released under the GPLv3.
Written in Haskell, with SDL and Curses user interfaces.
Latest version is 0.5.7.2 (NEWS).
- Source: download the source tarball, or
git clone http://mbays.freeshell.org/intricacy/.git
- Windows binary
- Mac OS X binary - thanks to Kevin Eaves for
providing this package.
- Cabal: cabal update && cabal install intricacy
(requires the haskell package manager 'cabal', and SDL dependencies).
- Linux binary
- Linux binary for older systems
(intricacy version 0.2.5)
- Gentoo ebuild
- Arch Linux PKGBUILD - this is untested, based on something
generated by cblrepo, and may well
not work. If it does or you know how to make it do so, and you fancy
putting it on the AUR, that would be great.
- Old versions
- Web forum - temporarily unavailable, sorry
- Mailing list: mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line '[intricacy-discuss] subscribe'.
- IRC channel: #intricacy on irc.freenode.org
Download: 47MB ogg theora 15m
Stream: tell your video player to stream from
or use youtube.